Thursday, June 14, 2018
Communications Coordinator, Community Engagement
This is a full-time position under the supervision of the Director of Community Engagement and Director of Communications and Development. All work at the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE) will reflect the Mission Statement and philosophical beliefs of the organization. The Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE) is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence. We offer a friendly and warm work environment and are looking for someone in this position to work weekly Monday – Thursday. Flexibility to work weekday evenings and weekends is a requirement.
- Coordination and maintenance of SACE social media accounts as part of a team
- Ongoing content development for SACE website, social media, and print materials
- Writing and editing (grants, social media, educational content, copywriting, short articles)
- Administration (funding databases, donor stewardship, digital file management)
- Fundraising coordination (social media acknowledgements, database tracking)
- Light design (Adobe Creative Suite and online program called Canva, working with templates and small edits)
- Public relations administration (tracking media coverage, preparing news releases, creating media kit)
- Event coordination and support (support of annual gala and other fundraising/agency events)
- Development and maintenance of a quarterly newsletter
- Support through the 24-Hour Support and Information Line (training will be provided as part of the SACE Volunteer Program)
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in humanities, social work, education, communications, public relations, or related education or experience
- Familiarity with databases and with Microsoft Office
- Strong writing skills for a variety of mediums and audiences
- Strong listening, empathy, and support abilities
- An eye for design and detail
- Experience in fund development, event planning, website management, social media management, design, and/or database management
The ideal candidate:
- Is familiar with the issue of sexualized violence and with feminist approaches to support and violence prevention
- Is familiar with anti-oppression principles and practices
- Is able to work and develop relationships with a wide range of people, both within and outside of the organization, in collaborative, consultative, and/or support capacities
- Is a self-starter with research, project, and time management skills
- Is creative and innovative in developing new and unique ways to improve the communications and development program and create new opportunities
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter outlining why you think you are the right candidate for this position, along with a resume and 3 professional references. We also invite submissions of writing or design samples. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
SACE is committed to hiring practices that support diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We encourage First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to a diversity of ideas and practice at the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton, to apply.
Closing Date: July 11, 2018 (interviews in late July)
Negotiable Position Start Date: August 15, 2018
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com OR mail to SACE, Attn: Selection Committee – Communications Coordinator
We thank all who apply; only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.