Going to court can be confusing, scary, and triggering. Our Court Support program is designed to help people through this process, whether they are a client at SACE or not.
The SACE Court Support program is available for the following support and information:
- Accompaniment to court proceedings
- Help preparing for court
- Information about criminal justice proceedings
- Emotional support through the legal process
- Information about legal rights and responsibilities
To access all or part of these services, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the above services, the following resources may be helpful for people going to court:
- Statement of Basic Principles of Justice (a list of victim's rights during court procedures)
- How to Make a Complaint to the Department of Justice (if any of the above victim's rights are infringed upon or denied)
- How to Apply for Victims of Crime Benefit Fund